June 10, 2009

12 week appointment!

So Cory and I went in to see Dr. Oldroyd for our 12 week check up. I don't know why, but I geuss I just assumed I would be getting another ultrasound. I didn't. It was a quick in and out check up. They weighed me; I weigh 1/2 pound less than my 8 week apt. My urine sample looked pretty good, and then he pulled out the doppler. We got to hear the heart beat. We've heard it before when we did the other ultrasounds, but this time it was more clear sounding. It was a strong and fast heart beat. So everything seems to be in check. Cory feels like visits like these are pointless; but I'd rather have an in and out visit because that means everything is looking good.

6 comments:

Jess said...

Glad all is going well! :) Pregnancy is amazing! I just loved to hear the heartbeat, etc!

Odelsa said...

I'm so happy! I love looking at you and your tiny self right now, you are just glowing!

Lara Zierke said...

Glad things are going well. I remember Kari saying the same thing about an appointment she had at about 12 weeks. The doctor listened to the heart, poked her, and said "You're still pregnant."

Better than having a long, involved appointment with bad news!

derrickandlisadye said...

I love quick appointments too. All is well, that is all the news you need. I am so glad I finally found your blog. I'm computer stupid and it wouldn't let me connect to your site from the comment you left on mine. Luckily I saw your blog link on Odelsa's blog!! I'm glad you are doing so great!!!

Unknown said...

I'm with you! Quick appointments mean everything is awesome!

Terri Lindsay said...

Yeah, I am so glad that the you and the baby are do good, and I am glad you are past that 12 week window. After 12 weeks I felt like I could finally breath. Do you have a little bump yet? I know I did. But most people don't look prego until like 20 weeks or more. So how are you guys doing?