July 3, 2009

Carroll Family Reunion



Cory and I got almost a whole week off from work where we got to see not only my family, but a ton of cousins, and aunts and uncles and my grandparents from the Carroll side. It was so much fun. We bought a book on CD to help with the long 8 hour drive to the Heaton Ranch in Southern Utah. Once we got there, we went camping, played at some red sand dunes, went on a hike, did some spelunking (don't know the spelling), visited a graveyard with some family tombstones, went bowling, took tons of pictures, saw transformers, did some shopping, and went to a wedding reception. So needless to say it was a very busy week. I will have to say, that even though we did tons and tons of fun activities, it was just so nice to just be with my family. I didn't realize how much I miss my brother's famiy in Washington state. I met my nephew for the first time (he's 6 months) and got to see my niece for the second time ever (She's 2 1/2). It makes me want to go and visit my side more often. we went, we conquered, and now we are back to the work life!

6 comments:

Odelsa said...

So glad you got to take a week off...nice! How are you feeling and how far a long are you now?

Unknown said...

Looks like so much fun. Gotta love family reunions.

RAPN! said...

aww! i love your family. tell your mom and dad "Hi", especially your momma!
and please tell amber "hi" for me the next time you talk to her. i love and miss that girl....i wish she would call me or something...*hint hint*
anyhow, glad you are doing well and you look great!

Unknown said...

that must have been a ton of fun!! I know I enjoyed that thanksgiving that I spent with your family. They're good people!

Peterson Family said...

I'm so glad you got to get away for so long! You deserved it! And it is fun to be with family so I'm glad that it worked out for you to go. But back to real life is not so much fun especially after such a wonderful vacation! You look good! Miss seeing you!

Brooke said...

Yea...the whole family was together. I had to watch the whole video just so I could see all the family. It's been a long time since you have all been together. I bet you had a blast.