April 23, 2010

Josie is 4 months old!

April 22nd Josie turned 4 months old. I woke her up and brought her to our bed and sang happy birthday to her. Cory told me it wasn't her birthday, but i said it was her 4 month birthday! She was pretty fussy that whole day, but even when she acts fussy I can't help but love and thank Heavenly Father for bringing her to our family. She brings us so much joy!

Josie 4 months old!
Today we had to go to the doctors to give Josie her 4 months shots. I was not looking forward to this since last time was such a hard experience. Luckily Cory wasn't working so he was able to come with me, and I was able to take the whole day off from work. here are her current stats:
  • Height- 24 inches
  • weight- 11.6 pounds
  • head- i forget, but it's growing too!
she's been in the 25th percentile with her height and weight and 1o percentile with her head circumference. But this time her weight was starting to drop on the charts closer between 5- 1o percentile. Doctor didn't seem worried but I still couldn't help but feel bad. He thinks we should start her on rice cereal (about 1-2 tsp/day). All the books I read and my mom, and everyone says it's better to wait till closer to 6 months. But shouldn't I listen to what the doctor says? he says if she needs the calories than this should help her. I don't know what to do. So far today Josie has slept some, been pretty fussy on and off, and has ate a little less than normal but way better than last time she got her shots.

Here are some more pictures of Josie from Easter, I never did post these pictures, but here they are, enjoy!

Hoppy Easter!

Josie Sleeping and holding her hands together!

This is what happens when these two listen to General Conference

7 comments:

Odelsa said...

Josie is amazing!
You are doing a good job as a mommy. If the Doctor is not worried she's okay. I always wait till later to start my babies on food but a little taste won't hurt her and it might be a funny experience to see is she likes rice cereal or not. My kids hated it.

I hope you are doing well. That Josie is a sweetheart!!!

Peterson Family said...

Love the picture of Cory and Josie! So cute! Of course that happens when dads take over! She is so adorable--I say that every time but I can't help it she just is! I always waited until 5 or 6 months to start rice cereal--maybe a little later with Kyden. I just think it's more work to do it so I put it off for as long as I can. Do what you think is best. I mean she doesn't have the biggest parents in the world, so how big can you expect her to be!

Lara Zierke said...

My opinion is that your doctor gives you customized advice. Listen to him rather than some general rule.

Either way, I'm sure she'll be fine. If the doctor wasn't worried, you shouldn't be either.

What a doll!

Unknown said...

We started Travis on rice cearel when he started to show interest in our food.. which was at 4 months. He did fine.. he actually LOVED it.. but I think thats because he was ready.
I love her little hat and bow! She is getting cutter with every month.

Julie said...

So cute!

The Hess Family said...

What a doll! Brandon didn't hardly eat any food until he was 1 and Aaron started at least a month ago. Every kid is different. Listen to your mommy instincts.

Unknown said...

She is such a cutie! I have started all my kids between 4 and 6 months with cereal. It just depended on the kid. I would just follow your gut. You are the mom, you know what your little one needs.