September 22, 2010

9 months old!

Joslyn is 9 months old today! crazy! She has progressed probably the most this past month. She has been crawling, gone up steps, pulled herself up, started being comical (on purpose), had another tooth come in, and jabbering about who knows what. I mean I feel like I woke up and a different more busy girl is in front of me. One of her favorite things to do right now is to be funny she will look up with her eyes and shake her had no really fast, every once in awhile she will add in a circular movement with the no. ha ha ha.

We went to the Dr. Apt. I have to say so far the 9 month appointment is the best by far. NO SHOTS! But we couldn't go to the doctor we normally see because he was on vacation. And every time we go to another doctor they make me feel bad for Josie being small. I like Dr. Olson because he reassures me that Josie is just petite. Well we decided to try Dr. Petit again. He was the Dr. that saw Josie when she was first born. Well we have heard that he may not be the best with parents but he's great with kids. Since I never got to see him work on Josie I decided to try him out and see what he is like with Josie. Well I have to say he is one goofy guy, but seemed to want to make Josie happy and safe. His nurse gave us these stats:

  • weight: 14 pounds 15 oz.
  • height: 26 inches

The Doctor didn't like that Josie has dropped from the 5th percentile to the 1 percentile. He even suggested me feeding her milkshakes. He also didn't like knowing that I'm feeding her food from my plate instead of baby food. But She won't eat the baby food from the jars, and it's not like I give her big bites, I cut it up and I'm with her to make sure she doesn't choke. And I feed her tell she wont eat anymore. But I will keep trying. All I know is that we love Josie and she is a joy to be around. I think she is starting to become a little comedian- most likely again from her daddy! Happy 9 months birthday Josie!



8 comments:

Meagan @ Meagan Tells All said...

Like the new set up to the blog...

Have you tried feeding her baby oatmeal with formula? That was our trick for a LONG time when Brin weaned herself around 6 months and would't drink a bottle of formula. I mixed up about 4 oz of forumla and baby oatmeal. It is still a great breakfast treat for her. She still loves it. That way, it just adds another nutrition source.

Trust me, coming from a mother who gets that "why is your baby so small?" ALL the time.

Unknown said...

She is just small and petite.. and very cute at that! I have 2 Sister-in-laws that have the same problem with doctors telling them their little girls are too small.. but thats the way their mommas were too when they were little so its just genetic. Im sure you were the same way.

Jennilee said...

she is so cute!! im sorry that they make you feel bad. i think they have to do certain things because in their minds they have to think that every mom are the idiot moms who really do whatever they want!! keep up the good work and as long as she is happy and eats til she is full then what else can they ask for!! your doing great! (man i sound like i've been doing this mom thing forever haha)

Odelsa said...

Josie is a BABE! Love this girl and she is just fine! I have had 3 small babies always in the lowest percentile and look at my hooligans now!!! No worries, she will be fine!

You know my Brock is tiny but there is something he loves and I think has helped with his weight gain. He loves those baby yogurts.
They are from Gerber graduates, they are called "yogurt blends". Brock loves them and I feed them to him a few times a day after his vegetables. Brock didn't like the baby food vegetables so I added rice cereal for a little of texture. I think it has helped my baby. He is gaining weight now.

Hope this helps...

p.s you are a great mommy!!!!

Robert and Stacey Hall Family said...

Matthew was preemie so of course he was not on the charts. I think he still has not hit the charts yet and he is 8. I love our doctor though because even though he is small he, eats, plays, and acts just like a normal kid would.

Robert and Stacey Hall Family said...

Matthew was preemie so of course he was not on the charts. I think he still has not hit the charts yet and he is 8. I love our doctor though because even though he is small he, eats, plays, and acts just like a normal kid would.

Kelli said...

AH! What a little cutie!! I can't believe she's 9 months old and I haven't even gotten to meet her yet! I hate that!! Believe me though, I am working on finding a time I can come visit FOR REALS! ha ha It was great to talk to you for a second the other day! Love you guys and miss you A TON!!!!

The Hess Family said...

Way to go on Cory's cake. I am impressed. Maybe you should let Josie have a couple of pieces! I am worried when I take Aaron in they are going to tell me he is the 99th percentile. Whats worse?