October 26, 2010

Beware of Dusting!

I asked Cory to remove our two window ac units awhile ago. Well when he removed them I noticed that the windowsills were filthy. So today while Cory was out pheasant hunting I decided to clean the two windowsills up and since I was doing that I decided to clean the blinds too. So I grabbed a bowl and went to town. I was almost done when the very top faux wood thing that covers the top of the blinds fell down and smacked me in the mouth. It knocked my front tooth completely out (the one I just got a crown put on). Right when that happened Cory came home and I told him to make sure Brom didn't come in the kitchen because I was still searching for my tooth and I didn't want him to swallow it up.

When I called the dentist they luckily had an appointment call and cancel so they were able to squeeze me in. Thank goodness because I didn't want to look like the wife of Bubba for Halloween all week long! My dentist says he is going to make me a mouth guard for the next time I need to dust the blinds! So beware of dusting!

9 comments:

Jennilee said...

oh my goodness!! not gonna lie im laughing, but im so sorry!! im glad you were able to get it fixed so soon though!!

Unknown said...

Im laughing too.. but I'm sure it was no laughing matter! Thats great that you were able to get in right away.. hope your mouth feels better soon!

The Hess Family said...

Ouch! Chris busted his front tooth out a couple years ago too. I can only imagine what you looked like. Aren't you grateful we have dentists. PS. I love Josie with the donut- thays what you've got to do everyday. She will be in the 95th percentile in no time.

Lara Zierke said...

Holy cow, Stef. That is hilarious and terrible at the same time. I am very disappointed that you didn't post a picture. :) Glad you could get it fixed so fast.

Terri Lindsay said...

Oh my gosh!!! So was this tooth not a live tooth? Had it been knocked out before? Sounds like your nesting ; ) J/K still it sounded like it hurt.

Liz Taylor said...

I was in horror. That is one of my biggest fears. When Ian knocked me in the mouth with his head I panicked because I thought my tooth was loose, it wasn't but still. You poor thing!

Rachel Schanz said...

oh man that's hilarious, i mean awful, but pretty funny too :)

Odelsa said...

lol, sorry...
I hope you are okay? But I have to say, that's what you get for being such a good stay at home mom :)

Peterson Family said...

Oh man! That stinks! And I'm sure it hurt pretty bad!