October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween

I kept going back and forth on whether I was going to take Josie Trick-or-treating. I mean people know the candy won't be for her, and I don't want that candy around to tempt me. Well my mom as you know made Josie an awesome Owl costume, and Josie used it a lot this month. She used it when she went to Jen's Pizza Halloween party, she used it when my sister in law and I took the kids to see Melaleuca's trick-or-treating, and again at the Snake River Landing trick-or-treating.

The last two places looked at me funny like where is your treat bag. And when 6:00PM came on Oct. 30th and I saw little kids walking down the streets with their parents, I couldn't help it. I said to myself " who cares what others think, I'm going trick-or-treating with my daughter". I figured if anything this will be good exposure for her.

So I waited patiently for my husband to get home from work, and as soon as Cory got home we left. It was soo much fun! The weather was perfect, everyone gave us the good candy since they knew the parents would be eating most of the candy, and everyone loved seeing Josie in her costume! the best part was Cory. He was soo proud to be with his daughter and to do this with her. I kept asking him if he would like me to carry her, and he wouldn't give her up. So the two of them went door to door to the houses that we knew while mom took some pictures!

Happy Halloween!



Josie getting ready to go trick-or-treating
Josie and Dad in their Halloween costumes
Scary!
check out all the loot!
going home after a great 1st Halloween experience!

2 comments:

Lara Zierke said...

That costume is so awesome. It was good to see you for a brief moment on Friday.

Jennilee said...

so cute!! i love this holiday and the chance that everyone has to become something else and have fun, even if you are not even 1!!