September 13, 2009

Ode to the Honda 100!

So Last March, Cory bought me a dirt bike! I didn't know how to ride it, but he bought himself a used bike, and wanted me to get into it with him. So I tried it out! Well needless to say, I loved it. I bought all the gear: Helmet, chest protector, boots, jersey, gloves (still need the knee and elbow pads). I rode it about two maybe three times before I found out I was pregnant so then I had to stop riding.

I was sad that my bike would be left alone for 9 months, until my sister-in-law wanted to try riding. So I would watch her learn like I did, and then she got better and better, and even better at riding than myself! It was fun to watch her get into it, so that when I had this baby we could have something in common we could do together.

Well Cory has been riding a lot with his brother Josh, and friend Jeremy. And he really wants a newer bike that is a four stroke and doesn't foul plugs all the time like his current bike does. So he put his bike up for sell, and then later thought to put my bike up for sell.. which is fine. I didn't think I would care, and Cory said that he would like to get me a newer one with an electric start.

Well His bike has been up on the market for two weeks and no serious hits yet. Mine on the other hand was going like hot cakes. People wanted to buy it for their wife, or kid, or whatever, and were giving us tons of offers. Well last week we traded my 1998 Honda 100 CRF for a 2005 Polaris something something 900 snow mobile. Pretty nice trade.. if I don't say so myself. We got it looked at by Action Motor Sports, and they said the engine is in great condition and there is nothing wrong with our snowmobile minus some minor cosmetic cracks. So basically we double our return for my bike.

Now Cory can trade this snowmobile or sell it and use the money to get himself a newer 4 stroke and keep on riding.. The funny thing is... I kind of miss my bike. It was my first bike, and I didn't get that much time with it, but I miss my little Honda! So this post is just a little tribute to the bike I owned for such a small time but brought great happiness to me and the rest of the family!

1 comment:

Meagan @ Meagan Tells All said...

I can totally picture you all dressed up in bike gear and ripping it out on the track! Good for you! I'm such a wimp!