September 23, 2009

13 weeks left!

So I had my 27 week appointment today! That's right I am officially in the third trimester! woo woo! It's funny because my count down of 13 weeks left for having the baby is another persons countdown to Christmas.. that's right.. Christmas is just around the corner too! : )

Well Everything looks great so far.. My BP was 90 over 60 (pretty low still), I've gained a total of 19 pounds so far in the pregnancy. Dr. Oldroyd says the average person now a day gains 30 pounds during their pregnancy, so I'm pretty sure I'll be gaining a lot during this last trimester! This was the first time the doctor measured my belly. He keeps telling me that all my measurements are calculating to the exact due date.. I know I should be happy, but I want some how to have the baby's due date moved up and away from Christmas time.. But I will settle for healthy baby girl.

Funny thing... When the doctor was trying to get the heart beat of the baby; she kicked my belly really hard and knocked the doppler off my belly. I don't think she likes items on her.. She does the same thing when i fold my arms and add pressure on her. I think she may just end up having some red in her hair because she definantly has attitude already! : )

The doctor gave me a note to go do lab work at EIRMC sometime this week or next to check my glucose levels and blood work. I"ve already been told to choose the lime and not the orange ( Thanks Steph and Stacey).. so i will report back on how that goes!

Other than that there is nothing too new with us. Just slowly getting ready for baby, still coaching soccer, and trying to relax day by day!

7 comments:

Meagan @ Meagan Tells All said...

Great update! I can't believe you are already at 27 weeks. Giiiiirl. Just you wait. That weight (at least for me) came up and bit me in the butt. I was like....7 pounds in 2 weeks? Yep. All of a sudden the baby doubled in weight and I was completely...depressed? Well, it's all baby weight when you're small like you...and me :-) The glucose test is easy...definitely get the lime. I failed the screening but passed the 3 hr because my levels didn't drop down until the 2nd hour. Well...get your rest now and enjoy a rather small belly because when you get to my stage of only being 4 weeks away....YOU FEEL GINORM and NOT beautiful and NO maternity clothes fit....grr.

Stephen said...

she is just practicing her soccer skills. she has a strong kick. put a soccer ball on your stomach thats all she wants

Unknown said...

You are the cutest pregnant lady! I saw you at church on Sunday, but didn't get a chance to say hi. Good luck with the next 13!

Rachel Schanz said...

oh man baby weight is awesome...don't worry I've allready gained 15 pounds and I'm barely in the second trimester, hehehe. and soccer is def. the best way to get it back off! when will you take your maternity leave?

Unknown said...

I had the orange and it wasn't too bad!
Does she kick the bed when you lay on your side? Travis use to do that.. and he still does when hes on the bed.. shes just showing some of her personality already!
I can't believe you only have 13 weeks left! It seems like you just announced it the other day! good luck with these last 3 months

Odelsa said...

This is going by so fast! 19 lbs? you are little! That's nothing!

I'm so excited to see what she looks like!

Kelli said...

I'm so glad that everything is going so well! I can't wait for her to come! And personally, I'm rooting that she'll be born on the 22nd! woo! Well, I miss you tons! Be good! :)