October 6, 2009

6 More Doctor Visits Left!


Last Friday I went to EIRMC to do my glucose testing. I was given all sorts of advice, but when I gave them my slip they opened the mini fridge and gave me the orange drink. That was the flavor I was told to stay away from. hahhaa.. Truth be told.. I didn't think it was that horrible. I just downed it as fast as possible and waited patiently for the hour to pass by. Next time i think I'm bringin a buddy to taht testing, because an hour feels like forever when you are by your self. It wasn't till the hour was about over that I started to feel kind of yucky. I don't think my buddy likes that much sugar in my system all at once. They drew my blood and then i was done.

Well today I finally got around to going back to the doctor's office to get the report on my glucose test and to get my rogham shot. Everything checked out normal. She said that I'm not low in iron, my sugar count was at 68 which is a little lower than average. She says I could eat more protein and carbs to help that.. but that I can basically do what I'm doing now cause I'm healthy. I'm Blood Type O negative, and so I have to get a shot during my 28th week; so my body doesn't hurt the baby. Well I got that done and I won't lie... I am not a fan of the needles. The last time I got this shot the nurse shoved the needle on my side and I was sore for awhile. This time I barely felt the needle. I think it's because I have the best OB nurse in the world.

Well while I was at the doctors office I asked her what Dr. Oldroyds views were with the H1N1 vaccine. And she said that he is strongly recommending his patients to get the vaccine because pregnant woman are a high risk. They are getting the vaccines through the syringe not the nasal by next week or in two weeks. So I need to make up my mind within a week or two on whether or not I will accept the vaccination. I'm normally okay with getting vaccinated, but I'm nervous sense this is a new vaccine, and how can they test for side effects to pregnant woman in such a short time, or what it could do to my baby when she gets older. I'm trying to do some research online but I haven't found anything real so far. So if anyone knows of any legit Medical articles that can help me with this decision email it to me!

Well that is the baby update so far. I hope you enjoy the little video I made.. it's my nursery so far. It's still a work in progress, but my mom has been dying to see what I've done so far so here it is! I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

9 comments:

RAPN! said...

so excited for you! you look fabulous. can you email me your address....I have a little something for you :)
facebook it or post it on my blog.
LOVE the room and LOVE the fact you are having a healthy pregnancy!

Unknown said...

Im O- as well.. and I don't know where they gave you your shot.. but I felt like a cow back on the farm when I got mine!

You are looking really cute and the nursery looks great! I can't believe shes almost here! Do you have a name picked out yet?

ps.I didn't think the orange stuff was that bad.. but up here they had me take it home my appointment the month before and I got to drink it at home and was able to distract myself..

Lara Zierke said...

I only know what Heidi (at KKA) told me about the vaccine. She sees Dr. Olroyde too and according to her, there could be risks to the vaccine, but if she got the swine flu, the baby would die, so she's willing to take that chance against that small percentage of risk.

It's scary though. I hate making decisions like that without all the information.

Odelsa said...

You are so cute!
You are a good looking pregnant woman!You are getting really close, I'm so excited for you!

Lori said...

Stef you are so cute! I love keeping up with you guys on your blog. I'll have to come visit you guys sometime soon!

Kelli said...

Dang it! I hat being so far away! I totally would have gone and sat with you for an hour... And what is this mystery orange drink everyone keeps talking about? I don't understand... haha I like the video- the nursery looks good! Who was it that painted the walls? Whoever it was did a most excellent job! ;) jk, jk. I miss you sooo much!!! Glad everything's going good!

Meagan @ Meagan Tells All said...

Cutest preggo girl EVER! I'm loving your little bump! Cute room! Your dog and his squeeker in the back. So cute. Keep me posted if you get it. I'm on the fence too.

Peterson Family said...

You look so cute! Just one little belly! I haven't seen you in forever! Hope you are feeling well--as good as you can when prego. The baby's room looks good!

Hilary said...

was that Brom squeakin in the background? Haha!

i say if you're worried about any side affects, just wash your hands a lot :)