November 22, 2010

Learning to Crochet

Joslyn grew out of her awesome infant beanie, and since it was starting to get cold again, I figured it was time to get her another one, but I wanted to make it since I have time now. Well I went etsy.com and saw some stinkin cute owl beanies and instantly wanted one for Joslyn. They were running anywhere from $25- $35 for one kid beanie. So I bought a pattern for $4! It took me a week to make it because I had to visit youtube a lot and learn how to do all the different stitches. Plus I visited two elderly ladies from church that were nice enough to help me and give me some tips along the project. I thought it turned out pretty good. Now I wanted to learn how to make baby mittens that will match her hat. It's been a lot of fun learning how to crochet. I feel like I have an actual useful skill now.

2 comments:

RAPN! said...

Love it!!! I want one and I am 30 years old! LOL

Unknown said...

You are awesome! It makes my brain hurt to even think about starting a project like that. Way to go!