January 22, 2010

Josie has a cold


I have been trying really hard to be a good mom and to keep Josie away from sickly people and their germs. Well... She is sick. a week after she was born she started to sound somewhat congested, and it has just lingered. I figured it was because I had a cold after she was born. But then this week she started sounding more and more congested and started having a cough. Well we took her into the doctor yesterday after a bad night of her coughing and sounding awful. He says that it is probably a cold but could easily turn into RSV since that is going around. He told us what to watch for. Just in case we need to bring her back into the doctors.

There is basically nothing we can do to give her to help her start feeling better. So we bought her a cool mist humidifier, and my sister in law told me that when her kids were congested she would hold them all night to help elevate their kid and have all the junk flow down. well Cory and I like our sleep way too much so we put her bouncer chair in her crib and have strapped her in. She really likes sleeping slightly elevated and I think the humidifier is starting to help. She still sounds pretty congested but she sounds better when I'm feeding her rather than her fighting to eat and breath. I hope she gets feeling better soon. It breaks my heart every time I hear her coughing and sounding so full of junk.

7 comments:

Lara Zierke said...

Oh, the first cold is so tough. We do the same thing when our babe has a cold - strap her in the bouncer!
I know she'll survive - I hope you do too. :)

Unknown said...

We did the same thing with Travis when he got his first cold (but he was 6 months). Hope she gets better soon.. its so hard to be a parent when you know there is nothing you can do to help your child feel better.

Odelsa said...

I'm so sorry for Josie! It's hard to see babies sick. My babies love the bouncy chair when they are this little. I hope she gets feeling better and I hope you are okay...

Meagan @ Meagan Tells All said...

Hang in there Stef! Brinley just had her week of Nursing Strike. Basically, babies decide they don't want to nurse. WOW it was awesome. A hungry baby 24/7 but too mad to eat. She is hopefully over it and won't ever do it again! We can get through this!

Unknown said...

Poor baby and poor mom! I hate the worrying that comes with sick babies. I hope it wasn't from Red Robin. Let me know if you need anything.

Peterson Family said...

That stinks! I hate sick kids but especially when they are that little! Kyden was congested when he was born also so he slept in his bouncer for a month or so. He loved it and it helped him sleep better. Can't complain about that.

Lara Zierke said...

One thing I would recommend is getting the Johson & Johnson baby wash that has eucalyptus or vicks or menthol or something in it (it's in a green bottle). It has those natural medicinal fumes that can help with congestion, but it's made just for babies. I actually bathed in it myself long before I had a baby.