January 8, 2010

Being a new mom


This morning I woke up to do my morning feeding for Joslyn. She sounded a little congested, but was eating like crazy. She started choking a little so me being the nervous mom that I am.. I lifted her up and started patting her back, and she projected mothers milk all over me, the chair, the wood floor, everything but her. Cory came running in to save the day and wiped up everything.

But I was thinking today. All I do now is stay in my pj's all day and feed, burp, and change diapers. Maybe I'm getting a little cabin fever, but I'm really not liking the stage that I am in. I'm too tiny to wear most of my prego clothes, but way too big to fit in my before clothes. So the only thing that fits right now is pj's. The reason why i was thinking about this, is because I was thinking of of all my sister in laws, and friends who are stay at home moms. They don't stay in their pj's all day. They always look perfect and put together. So even though I'm not at the size I would like to be right now, I've decided that I'm going to try and put make up on and do my hair every day even if I don't leave the house.

Even though I am complaining a bit about the monotony of life and my appearance right now, I really do love being a mom. I love just holding my baby girl in my arms and watching her sleep. I love having this time with my husband and watching us both grow up as parents together. I love our little girl.


8 comments:

Lara Zierke said...

Well let us know when you're ready for visitors. Tisa and I can bring you lunch or something.

RAPN! said...

It's all a facade!! I still wear my pajamas half way through the day and I have three kiddos!! Don't worry! you will get a routine! You're a great momma! And she is a beauty!

Unknown said...

I don't get out of my pjs usually until 10/11am! I think the first little part of being a 1st time mom is the hardest adjustment bc things change so dramatically.. but it is totally worth it. You'll get back into your old routine in no time.. don't rush it!

Meagan @ Meagan Tells All said...

I would have to agree with your new plan. It is amazing how much better you feel- showered, hair done, and make up done, even when you're in your pjs. I felt 100 times better when I was cleaned up but still in my jams. Keep it up girl. I just started bringing Brin outside into the real world since she's 10 weeks old and it feels great eventhough every trip is an adventure and hard work keeping her happy!!

Good luck and keep blogging. Even if you have to vent. Motherhood isn't bliss every second. Don't feel bad crying it out every once in awhile. I went a week straight crying everyday around 6pm. You get so tired and your body hurts and youre tired again and the only thing that seems right is to cry. Don't hold your feelings in girl! and if you ever need someone to talk to...call me up girl!

Joslyn has tons of hair! What a beautiful baby! Her skin color is gorgeous!

Robert and Stacey Hall Family said...

Yeah, don't think all those moms out there don't do the pj thing. I learned that to. I thought I was the only one that stayed in pj's all day. NOPE, I got talking and theres lots of us moms out there that do that. She is so cute, and can't wait to come see her again. Keep going, it is so worth it. You and Cory our going to do great!

Unknown said...

Stefanie,

Enjoy the PJ days! I love the days when I can stay home and I don't have to look presentable and can just chill out! Just enjoy these moments. Joslyn is adorable!

Terri Lindsay said...

It's really good to vent! So feel free to tell us all about the things that suck. We all know that you love your sweet little girl, but it is not easy to be a parent. Some days are way better then other. Things will get better when she a wee bit older and is on more of a schedule. As for the PJ's, oh yeah I wore them every day when Kellen was a baby, and now I'm lucky if I can get a shower and changed before 2pm. Most days I don't even bother, Kellen is just so into everything. I try to plan my showers around when Preston is home. Sad story, I know. You should get yourself some yoga pants or something, that way after you shower your not just getting right back into your PJ's, but you can still get into somthing cozy. I still want to come and meet her, call me k.

Peterson Family said...

She is so adorable and has so much hair! What a cutie! Very cute family pictures! They turned out great! I completely understand where you are coming from with having no clothes that fit. Everything fits a bit differently after having a child, but it will get better. I think it's hard because once you have the baby you think that all that extra skin and fat will just go away like on your way home from the hospital--kind of a shocker when it doesn't! But with time, it will get better--I promise! And about the pj's--I LOVE PJ's!!! I think that I only wore real pants twice last week. It's so stinkin' cold and I just like to stay home so I showered everyday (that always makes me feel better) and put new pj's on. It's nice being comfy. Yes, all mom's can look all cute and made up when they have to, but seriously what's the point of wearing out your nice cute clothes to have spit-up, spagetti stains, juice spills, ... Love pj's!! Also, good luck! The first month or so is all about getting used to your new life as a parent and then you will look back at the last 6 months and wonder where the time went when you have a little one crawling around and getting into everything! Enjoy it!