February 26, 2010

2 months old

Josie is officially a 2 month old. I meant to let everyone know sooner, but life has been pretty busy. Well for Josie's 2 month old birthday, she got to go to the doctors. Now these are her current stats:
weight- 9 pounds 11 oz (I know not a great number)
length- 22 inches (3 inches since her birth)
head circumference- 14 1/2

So basically for her height and weight she is in the 25th percentile, and her head is in the 10th percentile. But the doctor says that was what she was since the beginning and she just keeps on growing- he calls her in the petite category.

Not only did we get these stats but she had to get a whole lot of shots: Hep B, Hib, DTap, and Polio. Now she did great. She of course didn't like the nurse pushing on her legs so she couldn't move, and then she gave a surprised face and then screamed, but what surprised me the most was that I started to cry a little. I mean of course I love my baby, but she was in so much pain, but it was suppose to be good for her, so I had to let it happen, and so I couldn't help but cry. The nurse was sweet and let me hold my baby for a long time in stead of kicking me out of the room.

Josie was pretty much tired and wanted to sleep the rest of the day, she ate very little which made me nervous and she did fever. I read and watched on the news that studies are now saying don't give babies tylenol before the vaccine but after instead. So I waited for a fever to come and it came. I felt even worse when I came home to a freezing home (our diesel ran out, and so I had to wait for a guy to fill up our diesel tank and wait for our house to heat up from 65 degreees..bbrrrrr).

needless to say I was more than willing to hold my daughter and comfort her for two days straight until she got back to feeling normal!

my 2 month old big girl!

Josie and Mom!

4 comments:

Meagan @ Meagan Tells All said...

I like the set up of your blog! Cute background!

Josie is adorable. I like her hair! She is long! Long and skinny! You'll see such big development changes in her in the next month or so. I mean, Brin at 2 months and Brin now at 4, she is a totally different baby. Now I carry her without worrying about her neck and she rolls around on the floor!

I can't believe your hair! It looks so good! You are so brave! Did the bleach hurt? Your natural was so dark so I bet it was a challenge getting it that blonde! It helps me get excited for spring time! I love highlights and blond hair in the spring.

I love reading your blog! Keep it up! and yes, immunizations are the best, but I seriously cried when Brin got hers. Next week we go in for her 4 month appt and she gets 4 more. But this time I am bringing Ryan so he can cry with me!!!

Odelsa said...

josie and her mommy are so cute! She looks great!

Unknown said...

Those first shots are the hardest! It will get easier! I think every mom cries a little when those little babies get the first shots.

Unknown said...

Oh how cute! Josie is just adorable! And how the time flies! 2 months--Wow! And you look so good! You look so pretty in your picture--I mean you always do, it's just that I've never seen you in person with it all done up (u know exercise group doesn't count)! Anyway, hope she is feeling better.
--Candi (I just realized Jason is signed in and I'm too lazy to sign him out)