December 25, 2009

Joslyn

Dr. Oldroyd told us that between 6-7:00PM on Monday night that we could start being induced by cervidal. Cory called EIRMC, and they were really busy, so they told us to call back around 6:30PM. So we called then and they were still busy. They told us that it should calm down around 9:00PM that night and they would call us if there was an available room. I was starting to get worried that we weren't going to get started.

Well We went into town and had a nice meal with my mom and Cory's Parents at Sizzler. Afterwords we decided to just stop by the hospital and just check to see if there was a room. It was the weirdest feeling. I always envisioned arriving at the hospital in a wheel chair screaming because I was going to have a baby. Instead we just calmly walked down the halls of Labor and Deliver, and asked the nurse at the desk if there was a room available. She told us that one room just opened up and got us in quickly. All of a sudden I'm in a hospital gown and hooked up to a monitor to check the baby's heart beat and my contractions and they put the cervidal in me.

The nurse said that some woman find that the cervidal makes them cramp a lot and to let her know so she can give me pain killers. Well I didn't feel a thing. I slept all night and woke up and Dr. Oldroyd came to check to see if I had progressed any. I didn't really. So he told the nurse to go ahead and put me on the Pit and if by noon I had not progressed to send me home. So i was nervous. I didn't want to go through all this work just be told to go home and try again later. If i was at the hospital i didn't want to go home unless I had my baby with me. Well when Dr. Oldroyd came at noon on Tuesday, he checked me and i had progressed.. I had dilated to a 3, and that was good enough for him. They got the epidural in my back, and then the Doctor broke my water. I would dilate 1-2 cm every hour. Right during shift change the new nurse came into my room and asked to check me, and i told her that the other nurse checked not too long ago and that i was at an 8, and she said that she should check anyway. Well she did and she said that she felt the head. So she told me to start pushing.

I was so nervous because Cory and I didn't take any classes, didn't do any reading or anything on how to deliver a baby. But I really had an amazing team. I had Cory holding one hand, my mom holding one of my feet, the other nurse holding one foot, and Cory's mom holding my hand and the camera.

I Started pushing and by the time Dr. Oldroyd came into my room he told me to stop pushing because i was giong to have that baby without him. So the nurses quickly helped him put his gown over his scrubs, and with to pushes our baby came. I guess it took only 22 minutes of pushing for our baby to come out. The Dr. didn't have time to give me an episiotomy, so I did tear a little (1 in.).

It has been a long and exhausting week, but very enjoyable. Let me introduce to you:

Joslyn Sayre
Born: December 22, 2009
Time: 8:02P.M.
Weight: 6 pounds 9 oz. (currently 6 lbs. 4 oz.)
Length: 19 inches


12 comments:

Terri Lindsay said...

She is such a doll!!! Wow, congrats again guys. I love her already. I think I'll make her something pretty to wear. And I want to see more photos, when you get around to it ofcourse.

Jess said...

Congrats! She is beautiful! What a wonderful Christmas present! ;)

Odelsa said...

Congratulations!!! I have been waiting for these pictures! We are so excited and baby looks wonderful...I love her name!

Unknown said...

What a pretty little thing. I am so happy for you. Congratulations!Welcome to the world, little miracle.

Unknown said...

Shes so cute Stef! Congrats! you will make a wonderful mom and both Alan and I are very excited for you.
ps.. you look great for just having a baby!

Meagan @ Meagan Tells All said...

SOOO Excited for you! Congrats! I am totally loving her name too. She is adorable! Rest up while your Mom is still here!

Julie said...

Super Super cute! Can't wait to come over and see her! Let us know if you need anything.

Hill Family said...

Congrats Stefanie and Cory. She is perfect and beautiful! I am so glad that everything went well and so glad she was tiny!

The Andersens said...

YAY! Congratulations! That is so exciting. She seems so alert in her pictures. What a pretty baby. I hope your recovering well!

RAPN! said...

CONGRATS! What a little doll!! So happy for you both!

The Gotch Family said...

She is adorable! Congratulations. I am glad everything went so well for you, and just in time for Christmas. Enjoy every minute of her. Enjoy every 1, 3, 5, and 7 am feeding. They don't last long and before you know it she will be running around the house saying her first words and getting into trouble. They seriously grow up so fast. I can't wait to meet her.

Peterson Family said...

Oh Congrats! I knew you had your baby, I'm just a little late checking your blog! I'm so happy that she is here! And she is adorable! But I want to see more pictures! I will have to come see her when you are up to visitors! Good luck! I know how crazy it can be that first month or so! Hang in there! I'm sure the two of you are great parents!