December 6, 2009

2 1/2 weeks left

it's been awhile since i last posted so i have a lot to update. Last November I hosted my very first Thanksgiving ever. I took the whole week off from work and had my whole family stay at mynhome for part of the time and also at my In-laws cabin for the other half of the week. It was so much fun to see my family. Typically i see my side of the family about 1 -2 times a year. There was a family reunion during the summer so i got to see them for the second time this year for the holidays. I was afraid i was going to be so tired and not a good host since it was 4 weeks away from my due date and Cory ended up working most of the holiday at the hospital. But i have to say honestly that Heavenly Father truly was watching over me. The whole month of November i was having such horrible back pain, and i have had zero energy. The minute my family came into my house i was on the go constantly. Staying up late, serving everyone, making sure everyone was having fun. I even baked all the food and did tons of shopping with the family, went on a snow hike, shot some guns, played rock band, you name it. my dad kept saying that he was impressed with how much energy i had. To be honest so was i. But the minute the last family left my house, my body felt like i had hit a wall and luckily i had the weekend to rest before going back to work. I was so worried i wouldn't be able to handle hosting my family on my own since Cory was working, but i know the only reason why i had so much energy and zero pain was because of my heavenly Father blessing me.

my work gave me a surprise baby shower. I felt so stupid, because my guy co-worker said we needed to head to an IT meeting. i was trying to reach for a notebook and pen, and he said that i didn't need it. he walked me to one of the conference rooms and then there was a bunch of co-workers there with pin balloons and presents just for me and baby. I can't believe i felt for it. but i was super happy that my friends at work threw the shower. It made me feel so special and cared for.

two in half weeks till my due date. Cory and i did a ton of last minute shopping so we can pack my bag for the hospital. I could have this baby any day now, but we just want her to wait till my mom fly's in. but we are getting nervous, and excited all at the same time. I will try to be better to post all the updates till i have this baby girl. So stay tuned. My next appointment will be this Wed. (my 38 week apt). Stay tuned!!!

3 comments:

Meagan @ Meagan Tells All said...

HOLY COW 2 1/2 weeks!!! I can't wait for you! Being a mom is so amazing and so hard at the same time. It is the greatest feeling when you see her for the first time. Some how...you forget all your pregnancy and labor pains when you see her. I swear it's some magic drug Heavenly Father blessed women with to forget labor pains. I honestly dont remember what contractions felt like!! And yes, keep us posted!!

Unknown said...

I can't believe you are that close already!!
Im glad you had a wonderful time with your family! I remember the time I spent Thanksgiving with your fam.. they're wonderful people!
Good luck with these next few weeks.. they'll go by fast.

Terri Lindsay said...

Post belly photos!! and you better call us when that baby comes. Hang in there your doing great.